The ASMBA STAR Foundation (ASMBASF) is dedicated to providing financial support aimed at improving the quality of life of our active duty military, wounded warriors, assisting veterans and their families, and the military community by attempting to fill those needs unmet by the U. S. Government.
What does “STAR” stand for?
- Support - We support our veterans, military and their families through programs and services.
- Teach - We support programs that provide scholarships and educational opportunities.
- Assist – We provide assistance to organizations that care for our wounded and financially disadvantaged military members and their spouses and/or caregivers.
- Recognize - We support military community development efforts that recognize the sacrifices our military have made for us.
When it comes to assisting our active duty military, veterans, wounded warriors, and their families by addressing their mental and physical needs, one organization can't do it all. The Veterans Administration (VA) can't, the Department of Defense (DoD) can't, and even a host of government and non-governmental agencies can't do it either. We believe it requires a properly integrated network comprised of military centered charities sharing a common need, background and culture capable of garnering support from the private and public sectors in order to operate more efficiently and effectively.
Many people think that our government completely covers the needs of our service members and their families after they leave the service. Unfortunately, that is not the case. After physical rehabilitation and/or counseling, disabled veterans very often have a difficult time reintegrating back into society. However, there are charitable organizations at the “grass root” level staffed with volunteers operating on a shoe-string budget that have developed a successful business model capable of addressing the unique needs of veterans and their families, but quite often lack the resources necessary or the capacity to sustain a positive impact.
Understandably, many Americans believe that our government is capable of addressing all of the needs of our veterans by dealing effectively with the physical and emotional scars of war. Regrettably that is not the case, because some needs have been and will continue to be left unfulfilled!
However, by focusing resources where they are needed most within the military community and by empowering wounded warriors with the knowledge and realization that they are still contributors in our fast-paced society is nothing short of an outstanding goal … a real “game-changer” for many!
Here are our key strategies:
- Provide funding, entertainment, care, and assistance to disabled/hospitalized veterans and members of the Armed Forces, as well as their families
- Collaborate with members of the “military coalition” on issues directly impacting Veteran health care concerns and programs.
- Develop an ongoing dialogue with Veterans’ organizations and key stakeholders interested in supporting ASMBASF charitable giving.
- Promote organizational excellence by creating a culture that fosters a common identity with other veteran organizations, and encourages mutual respect and teamwork within the military community.
- Develop a Veterans’ network capable of expanding and meeting the future needs of the military member and his/her family.
- Remain performance outcome/results-oriented in managing our financial resources, marketing, and network membership.
To the men and women of our Armed Forces serving around the world during this Holiday Season…Thank You for Your Service! Please support the Armed Services Mutual Benefit Association (ASMBA) STAR Foundation. For contributions through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC #: 57446) please visit us on the “Best of CFC” website under the Category “Charities Under 5% Overhead”.